The semi-final of the Russian JESC national selection took place in Moscow, Russia on September 14. Now the list of finalists is revealed:
- Sofia Feskova (Saint-Petersburg)
- Arseny Slesarev (Moscow)
- Artyom Fokin (Sevastopol)
- Sofia Shkyopu (Yaroslavl)
- Artyom Morozov (Moscow)
- Rutger Garecht (Orenburg)
- The duo “LittleZ”: Mikhail Koval and Polina Korolyova (Novosibirsk)
- Sergey Filin and Veronika Litovchenko (Moscow)
- Sofya Tumanova (Novosibirsk)
- Genych (Gennady Pereverdiyev) (Moscow)
- Sofia Kirsenko (Simferopol)
Moreover, some finalists took part in “The Voice Kids Russia” show earlier as well.
The Russian JESC representative is going to be revealed on September 25. The descision will be made according to the jury points and online public voting.
Russia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest
Russia debuted in the contest in 2005 in Hasselt and have never missed it since then.
The Junior Eurovision had Russia as a winner twice. The Tolmachevy Twins took the trophy first with their song “Vesenniy Jazz” in 2006, then Polina Bogusevich won with her song “Wings” in 2017. However, since then Russia hasnt hosted the contest yet.
In 2019 Tatyana Mezhentseva and Denberel Oorzhak represented the country with their song “A Time For Us” and came 13th.