Things are picking up in the Junior Eurovision world this weekend, with two countries confirming the songs they will be sending. Belarus chose their song last night, which you can watch and read more about here, and tonight it’s the turn of Ukraine.
The national final to select Ukraine’s song and artist for Junior will take place today at 17:30 CET in Kiev’s Olmeca Plage complex, and will be streamed live on junioreurovision.tv.
The line-up has already seen one withdrawal, which leaves 14 artists who will each perform their song tonight for the approval of the jury and televoters. The running order was decided on Thursday, with the first and last songs chosen at random and the rest decided by producers. It is as follows:
- Voice Land – Dytynstvo (Childhood)
- Anastsiia Tkachuk – Moia zemlia (My land)
- Fresh – Zhyvy na povnu (Live to the full extent)
- Alisa Panchuk – Spivai (Sing)
- Katriona Hannah – Fly
- Zabava – Lety (Fly)
- Nina Boikova – Rozmaliui moi sny (Colour my dreams)
- Mariia Karogodska – V sertsi musyka ie (There is music in the heart)
- Sofiia Dobryvecher – My khochemo myru (We want to have peace)
- Anna Trincher – Pochny z sebe (Start with yourself)
- Sofiia Iaremova – Salsa
- Iaryna Taras – Povir u chudesa (Believe in miracles)
- Nazarii Stinianskyi – Come-on
- Viktoriia Sviatogor – Sylna. Vilna (Strong. Free)
The show will also feature special guest performances from Zlata Ognevich, Ukraine’s entry and Junior Eurovision host from 2013, and Oleksandr Ponomariov, Ukraine’s debut Eurovision entry from 2003.
Make sure to tune in at 17:30 CET tonight to see who gets Ukraine’s Junior Eurovision ticket, and in the mean time you can listen to each of the songs here and let us know your favourites!