Previously, it was confirmed that the final of Melodi Grand Prix 2022 will take place on February 19. Meanwhile, the selection is due to kick off with semi-final one on January 15. It has been announced that the names of the artists competing in the selection will be announced on January 6.
Norwegian broadcaster NRK has confirmed that all competing songs of Melodi Grand Prix 2022 will be revealed in an event on January 10. For the 2021 edition, the entries were revealed at the start of each week.
With tickets now on sale, NRK have announced that the entrants and songs will be revealed together in a special event on the week of the first semi-final. 21 songs will compete in the selection next year, with the quality being “sky high” according to the Head of Delegation Stig Karlsen.
Melodi Grand Prix will offer something for everyone. Whether it’s big ballads or NorseStig Karlsen, Head of Delegation
What else do we know?
- Semi-Final One – January 15
- Semi-Final Two – January 22
- Semi-Final Three – January 29
- Semi-Final Four – February 5
- Semi-Final Five – February 12
- Grand Final – February 19
The song submission window closed on September 15. According to EscNorge, fewer Swedish and foreign songwriters have submitted songs than in previous years.
With format changes being discussed by NRK, the following have already been confirmed:
- The maximum space available at Fornebu’s H3 Arena will be used – meaning a larger venue than last year’s edition.
- An audience will be present during the shows, unlike last year, but the size has not been decided yet.
- All competing entries will be revealed on the same day.
Earlier this year, TIX represented Norway at Eurovision 2021 in Rotterdam, qualifying from the semi-final in 10th place. In the final, TIX finished in 18th place scoring 75 points.
Are you looking forward to MGP 2022? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to follow us on Spotify and YouTube to see our reactions to the news in the run up to the 2022 national final season!