Today the final, the fifth evening of Italy’s glamorous Festival di Sanremo took place. The winner of the festival in 2022 are Mahmood & Blanco with the song “Brividi”!
Sanremo 2022: final results
- Mahmood & Blanco – Brividi
- Elisa – O forse sei tu
- Gianni Morandi – Apri tutte le porte
- Irama – Ovunque sarai
- Sangiovanni – Farfalle
- Emma – Ogni volta è così
- La Rappresentante di Lista – Ciao ciao
- Massimo Ranieri – Lettera di là dal mare
- Dargen D’Amico – Dove si balla
- Michele Bravi – Inverno dei fiori
- Matteo Romano – Virale
- Fabrizio Moro – Sei tu
- Aka7even – Perfetta così
- Achille Lauro feat. Harlem Gospel Choir – Domenica
- Noemi – Ti amo non lo so dire
- Ditonellapiaga feat. Donatella Rettore – Chimica
- Rkomi – Insuperabile
- Iva Zanicchi – Voglio amarti
- Giovanni Truppi – Tuo padre, mia madre, Lucia
- Highsnob & Hu – Abbi cura di te
- Yuman – Ora e qui
- Le Vibrazioni – Tantissimo
- Giusy Ferreri – Miele
- Ana Mena – Duecentomila ore
- Tananai – Sesso occasionale
Mahmood & Blanco were victorious on the first evening, when the press jury gave their points. After the second night they were overtaken by Elisa in the voting of the press jury. After the public’s vote on the third evening, they were again on top of the scoreboard. They finished second on the fourth night after the cover songs, but managed to stay as number one in the overall ranking.
Tonight two rounds of voting took place. After we got our three superfinalists, Mahmood & Blanco, Elisa and Gianni Morandi, they were judged by the press jury, the demoscopic jury and the televote. The winners got 54.30 percent of the televote. Gianni Morandi finished second in the televote with 23.80 percent, leaving Elisa behind with 21.90 percent.
As the winner of Festival di Sanremo 2022, they will have the chance to represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 on the home soil in Turin. We are still waiting for Mahmood and Blanco’s final confirmation whether they want to compete in Eurovision. Mahmood is set to perform in Nonantola on the night of the final, while Blanco has a concert in Brescia the same day. In an interview before the Sanremo final they said they are “prepared for all eventualities: rain, lightning and thunderbolts”. The final of Eurovision Song Contest 2022 takes place on May 14th.
Are you happy with the winner? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to follow us on Spotify and YouTube to see our reactions to the news in the run up to the 2022 national final season!