Over the past week, organisers for the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest have been announcing the guest performers we will be seeing during each of the live shows. With the release of the media handbook, all of the interval performers have been confirmed.
We previously learned that Diodato and the Rockin’ 1000 would be among the guest performers taking to the Pala Olimpico stage for the live shows of Eurovision 2022. The media handbook for the 2022 contest has revealed the full line-up for both semi-finals and the Grand Final.
For the Grand Final, reigning champions Måneskin will take to the stage for an interval performance, a year after their victory in Rotterdam’s Ahoy. They have recently been recording their next album in Los Angeles, California.
All the Eurovision 2022 interval performances
As noted in the media handbook, the guest performers for the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest are as follows:
Semi-final one (May 10)
- An opening tribute performance to “Italian genius and creativity”.
- A medley of “Horizon in Your Eyes”, “Satisfaction” and “Golden Nights” by Dardust, Benny Benassi, Sophie and the Giants with conductor Sylvia Catasta.
- Diodato performing “Fai rumore”.
Semi-final two (May 12)
- An opening tribute performance to Italian hand gestures by Alessandro Cattelan.
- Il Volo performing “Grande amore”
- A duet performed by co-presenters Laura Pausini and Mika.
Grand Final (May 14)
- An opening flag parade, accompanied by the Rockin’ 1000 ensemble and co-presenter Laura Pausini performing a medley.
- Måneskin performing a medley, including “Zitti e buoni”.
- Gigliola Cinquetti performing her winning song “Non ho l’età”.
- A medley performed by co-presenter Mika.
What do you think of the guest performers for Eurovision 2022? Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to follow us on Spotify and YouTube to see our reactions to the news from Turin 2022!