NRK, the Norwegian broadcaster, have revealed the complete lineup for Melodi Grand Prix 2022. The contest will run over six weeks, ending with the final on February 19. The first semi-final will be broadcast live on January 15.
- Northkid – Someone
- SubWoolfer – Give That Wolf A Banana
- Christian Ingebrgtsen – Wonder Of The World
- Anna-Lisa Kumoji – Queen Bees
- Elsie Bay – Death Of Us
Semi Final 1
- Mira Craig – We Still Here
- Frode Vassel – Black Flowers
- TrollfesT – Dance Like A Pink Flamingo
- Eline Noelia – Ecstasy
Semi Final 2
- Lily Löwe – Bad Baby
- Steffen Jakobsen – With Me Tonight
- Farida – Dangerous
- Daniel Lukas – Kvelertak
Semi Final 3
- Mari Bølla – Your Loss
- Oda Gondrosen – Hammer Of Thor
- Sturla – Skår i hjertet
- Vilde – Titans
Semi Final 4
- Alexandra Joner – Hasta la vista
- Maria Mohn – Fly
- Kim Wigaard – La Melodia
- Sofie Fjellvang – Made of Glass
The Melodi Grand Prix 2022 format
All the semi-finals as well as the grand final will be broadcast from the H3 Arena at Fornebu, outside of Oslo. Annika Momrak, Mikkel Niva and Kåre Magnus Bergh will host the shows.
- Semi-Final One – January 15
- Semi-Final Two – January 22
- Semi-Final Three – January 29
- Semi-Final Four – February 5
- Wildcard / Last Chance – February 12
- Grand Final – February 19
Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest
The Scandinavian nation debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1960 with Nora Brockstedt and her song ‘Voi Voi’, placing fourth. Since their debut, Norway has managed to win three times (1985, 1995 & 2009).
Melodi Grand Prix 2021 was won by TIX, who represented Norway at Eurovision 2021 in Rotterdam. His song ‘Fallen Angel’ qualified from the semi-final in 10th place. In the final, TIX finished in 18th place scoring 75 points.
What do you think of the Melodi Grand Prix 2022 lineup? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see our reactions to the news in the upcoming months.