With National Finals songs being revealed left, right and centre, Serbia has been the next country to add to the influx of Eurovision news this month.
A new and revamped national final
Due to the pre-selection of well-loved girl group Hurricane, Serbia did not have a National Final in 2021. However, Serbia will once again be selecting their Eurovision 2022 representative in a new and improved National Final termed “Song for Eurovision ‘22”. Originally called Beovizija, does this name change signify great things to come from the Balkan nation?
Competition dates for “Song for Eurovision ’22”
According to reports from Eurovision.tv and RTS, songs competing will be divided into two respective semi-finals on Thursday 3 March and Friday 4 March. The lucky artists who pass that stage will then compete in the final on Saturday 5 March. All shows will be broadcasted by broadcaster, RTS.
Plus, it looks like our calendars will be full on the evening of March 5, with Denmark, Moldova and Romania also selecting their entrant!
In December last year, RTS announced that a total of 150 submissions were received for their 2022 National Final, “Song for Eurovision ’22”, a 40% increase in submissions compared to the 2020 edition. These submissions were listened to and analysed by music editors from broadcaster RTS and whittled down the list to a solid 36 participants. These artists will all compete for the chance to represent Serbia in Turin.
Whilst we expect to hear more information in the coming weeks, take a look at the list of participants below and check out their discography! In fact, as previously speculated, there are various familiar faces! One includes Dušan Svila, who placed second in the Serbian national final in 2013. There is also Sara Jo, who participated in Eurovision 2013 as part of the girl group, Moje 3 with the song “Ljubav Je Svuda.” Take a look at both performances below to familiarise yourselves.
Full list of 36 “Song For Eurovision ’22” participants
1. Naiva – Skidam (I Take Off)
2. Biber – Dve godine i šes’ dana (Two Years and Six Days)
3. Marija Mirković – Požuri, požuri (Hurry, Hurry)
4. Gift – Haos (Chaos)
5. Boris Subotić – Vrati mi (Give Me Back)
6. Marko Nikolić – Dođi da te volim (Come, So That I Can Love You)
7. Vasco – Znaš li (Do You Know)
8. Bane Lalić i MVP – Tu gde je ljubav tu ne postoji mrak (Where There Is Love, These Is No Darkness)
9. Ivana Vladović i Jovana Stanimirović – Prijaće ti (It’ll Be Good For You)
10. Marija Mikić – Ljubav me inspiriše (Love Inspires Me)
11. Julija – Brižna (Caring)
12. Angellina – Origami
13. Vis limunada – Pesma ljubavi (The Song of Love)
14. Aleksandar Vuksanović Aca Lukas – Oskar
15. Igor Simić – Nisam ja (It Wasn’t Me)
16. Goca Tražan – Fitilj (Fuse)
17. Sanja Bogosavljević – Priđi mi (Approach Me)
18. Dušan Svilar – Samo ne reci da voliš (Just Don’t Say You Love)
19. Srđan Lazić – Tražim te (Searching For You)
20. Julijana Vincan – Istina i laži (Truth and Lies)
21. Jelena Pajić – Pogledi (Looks)
22. Bojana Mašković – Dama (Lady)
23. Zoe kida (Ana Radonjić) – Bejbi (Baby)
24. Orkestar Aleksandra Sofronijevića – Anđele moj (My Angel)
25. Sara Jo – Muškarčina/Zabranjeno voće (Manly Man/Forbidden Fruit)
26. Mia – Blanko (Blank)
27. Zejna Murkić – Nema te (You Are Gone)
28. Gramophonedzie – Počinjem da ludim (I’m Going Mad)
29. Stefan Zdravković (Princ od Vranje) – Ljubi svog čoveka (Kiss Your Guy)
30. Zorja Pajić – Zorja
31. Lift – Drama
32. Konstrakta – Corpore Sano
33. Ivona Pantelić – Znam (I Know)
34. Rocher Etno Band – Hajde sad nek svak peva (Let Everybody Sing)
35. Ana Stanić – Put bez povratka (One Way Road)
36. Euterpa – Nedostaješ (Missing)
Are you excited about the list of candidates for Serbia’s “Song for Eurovision ’22”? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to follow us on Spotify and YouTube to see our reactions to the news in the run up to the 2022 national final season!