Supernova in Latvia has slimmed their competition down by four artists. The semifinal saw fourteen acts compete to go to Liverpool. Only ten of them qualified, with fans being left surprised with some of the choices…
Justs and Inspo fail to qualify
Latvia decided to host a semifinal where ten out of fourteen acts made it through to next week’s Grand Final of Supernova. 2016 Eurovision entrant Justs was among the participants, but failed to qualify. The same went for fan favourite Inspo and the song “Sway”. Also ranking well in polls before the show were Adriana Miglāne and Katrine Miller, but they completed the field of non-qualifiers.
You can see the results below:
- Artūrs Hatti – “Love Vibes” – Qualified
- Alise Haijima – “Tricky” – Qualified
- Inspo – “Sway”
- Toms Kalderauskis – “When It All Falls” – Qualified
- Katrine Miller – “Beaten Down”
- Justs – “Stranger”
- Adriana Miglāne – “Like I Wanna”
- 24. Avēnija – “You Said” – Qualified
- Markus Riva – “Forever” – Qualified
- Avéi – “Let Me Go” – Qualified
- Patrisha – “Hush” – Qualified
- Raum – “Fake Love” – Qualified
- Luīze – “You To Hold Me” – Qualified
- Sudden Lights – “Aijā” – Qualified
There is still a possibility that LTV choose a wildcard to join next week’s Grand Final. They will choose their act for Liverpool next week, on Saturday 11th February. Take a look at one of the qualifiers, Sudden Lights, below.
Did your favourite qualify, or were you shocked by the eliminations in Latvia? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to follow us on Spotify for the latest music from your favourite Eurovision acts. As well as YouTube to see our reactions to the news in the run up to the 2023 contest in Liverpool!
Comments on Supernova finalists chosen in Latvia