As Junior Eurovision draws closer, countries’ selections begin to take place and more details begin to emerge. Recently, Armenia revealed the 23 songs that will participate in their national final, Depi Makakan Evratesil.
23 entries but only one winner
The 23 artists and songs participating in Armenia’s national final for Junior Eurovision are:
- Anahit Arakelyan – Shabadabadam
- Ani – ANGELS
- Anna– 1 2 3 4
- Arpi – Par (Dance)
- GorX – Why Don’t?
- Eliza – Im Yerazank (My dream)
- Eric – Ari Pari (Come dance)
- Lia – Kamats-Kamats (Little by little)
- Lily – Paykar (Struggle)
- L. E.V.O.N – L.E.V.O.N
- Hatut Harutyunyan – Amar e (It’s summertime)
- Maria Petrosyan – Happy Birthday
- Melisa – Chameleon
- Yurahatuk – Yurahatuk (Special)
- Nare Elizbaryan – Du karogh es (You can)
- Sati – Insta
- Sekunda – Kez im, Yerevan (To you, my Yerevan)
- Serzh Arakelyan – Good Mood
- Silva Grigoryan – Pokrik zinvor (Little soldier)
- Vahag Mesrobyan – Es ekel em (I have come)
- Vardan Margaryan – Chanaparh (Road)
- Vova – Leggo
- 1+1 – Misht miasin (Always together)
Show to feature original songs
This is the first time since 2014 that Armenia is using a national final to select the entrant. In fact, they had dropped their 2008 to 2014 selection show Junior Eurosong for internal selection in 2015. Furthermore, what’s also new this time is that candidates will also perform original songs rather than covers in the show. Depi Makakan Evratesil will take place in September and will consists of three shows, two semi finals and one final. The two semis will take place on September 9 and 16 while the final will be on September 23rd.
Armenia in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest
Armenia made its Junior Eurovision debut back in 2007 when the contest was held in Rotterdam. Aremik was the first to wave the Armenian flag at the contest with the song “Erazanq”. She finished second with 136 points, only a single point behind that year’s winner Belarus, narrowly missing out on a triumphant debut. After debuting in 2007, Armenia hasn’t missed out on a single contest and has enjoyed excellent results every year. They won the contest once in 2010 with Vladimir Arzumanyan and his catchy entry “Mama”.They also never missed out on a top 10 and placed in the top 3 multiple times. Last year, MISHA placed 6th with his entry “Boomerang” with 148 points. You can read more about Armenia’s journey at Junior Eurovision in our feature here.
Are you looking forward to Depi Makakan Evratesil? Furthermore, what is your favorite entry ever from Armenia at Junior Eurovision?