With just over two weeks until Junior Eurovision takes place, more artists finalize promoting the final versions of their entry. After releasing the final version of her entry a few weeks back, Chanel Moneigneur has released the official video for ‘Chasing Sunsets’.
Elements from the animation, that was released a few weeks ago, make an appearance in the music video, which was filmed in various locations in Malta. It’s has been confirmed that the animation released will be part of Chanel’s live performance for Junior Eurovision.
Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020
Junior Eurovision 2020 is to be held on November 29 in the Polish capital of Warsaw. The slogan for the show is ‘Move The World’. Following Viki Gabor’s victory on home soil in 2019, this will mark TVP’s second consecutive time hosting.
The following countries (and entries) have been confirmed to be taking part in the contest:
- Belarus: Arina Pehtereva – “Aliens”
- France: Valentina – “J’imagine”
- Georgia: Sandra Gadelia – You Are Not Alone
- Germany: Susan – “Stronger With You”
- Kazakhstan: Karakat Bashanova – “Forever”
- Malta: Chanel Monseigneur – “Chasing Sunsets”
- Netherlands: Unity – “Best Friends”
- Poland: Ala Tracz – “I’ll Be Standing”
- Russia: Sofia Feskova – “My New Day”
- Serbia: Petar Aničić – “Heartbeat”
- Spain: Soleá – “Palante”
- Ukraine: Oleksandr Balabanov – “Vidkryvay”
Malta at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest
Malta debuted at the first contest back in 2003, and has only missed two editions of the contest in 2011 and 2012. They have won the contest on two occasions in 2013 and 2015 and since returning in 2013, Malta has placed in the top 10 six times in total.
Last year, Eliana Gomez Blanco placed 19th with “We Are More”, scoring 29 points. This ended their streak of top 10 finishes, but can they resume it this year?
What do you think of the official video for Chanel’s song? Let us know! Be sure to stay updated by following @ESCXTRA on Twitter, @escxtra on Instagram and liking our Facebook page for the latest updates! Also, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see our reactions to the over the coming months.